Taree veterinary care!
Taree Veterinary Hospital has been serving the Manning Valley community for 50 years. We aim to provide our patients with quality care and treatment.
We are a mixed animal practice in the Manning Valley. We see a great variety of animals including cattle (beef and dairy), equine, camelids, sheep, goats, pigs, dogs, cats, snakes, exotics (rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, reptiles – snakes, lizards and tortoises), birds and fish.
For our large animal patients we provide ambulatory services for those patients in need, including obstetrics, injured and sick animals. We also provide herd health services for our dairy clients which focuses on optimising reproductive efficiency, nutrition and disease prevention. For beef cattle we provide services for bull testing, pregnancy testing and Johnes disease accreditation. Embryo transfer is another service we provide for both beef and dairy cows and also in horses. We perform artificial insemination in cattle and horses.
We also perform reproductive procedures in horses which includes ultrasound scanning to prepare for mating, scanning for pregnancy and providing obsteticral assistance if required and advice and care on newborn foals.
Our hospital is a purpose built hospital which caters for our small animal clients. We aim to provide excellent care and treatment of our patients. We have in house diagnostic facilities which include a blood machine, digital Xray machine and ultrasound, endoscopy, anaesthetic machines, and an oxygen machine.
We provide outpatient calls, farm/large animal calls, 24 hour emergency service and all species are catered for.
Heartworm testing and prevention
- Wound repair
- Tumour removal + pathology reports
- Caesarian (all species)
- Soft tissue surgery
- Orhopaedics (bone repair)
- Dentistry (teeth extractions, ultrasonic teeth scaling and polishing and jaw fracture repair)
- State of the art anaesthetic machines + on-site oxygen generation
- Medical / pregnancy /Horse tendon exam
- Digital radiography
- Hip and elbow and spinal radiographs for breed scoring
- In house blood machine to give fast results
- Faecal and urine examination
- Hormone assays (progesterone) for reproductive monitoring in dogs
- Ear swabs
- Fine needle aspiration of lumps/tumours and then examination of cell types with our microscope.
Sports Medicine – Greyhounds + Equine
Atrificial Breeding (Cattle / Horses / dogs)
Artificial Insemination (Cattle / Horses / Dogs)
Embryo / Transfer